Most people don’t think twice about insuring their home or their car, but it is surprising that so many Australians do not have insurance to protect the most valuable things in their life, their families.
Personal Risk Insurance protects you and your family against the financial problems that would occur if you were to die or become disabled, or unable to work as a result of sickness or accident. It can be used to provide a lump sum to repay debts or pay for any major expenses or can be used to replace income to meet your recurring expenses.
Through the financial planning process, we help you identify;
- The nature and extent of any risk to be protected
- The type and amount of insurance cover you require
- The best policy(s) and provider(s) to meet your particular needs and circumstances.
In selecting the appropriate insurance for your needs, we examine insurance products for:
- Policy wording
- Product benefit
- Competitive cost structures
Have you ever wondered how yours or your family’s lives would be affected if you or your spouse:
- Passed away unexpectedly?
- Suffered a permanent disability that prevented you from working?
- Suffered a major trauma event (such as a heart attack or stroke, or were diagnosed with cancer) and needed extended medical treatment?
- Had a prolonged illness that meant you had months off work recovering?
- Lost mental capacity and could no longer look after your own affairs.
How would your life be affected if one of your children suffered a permanent disability (through accident or illness) and required ongoing personal care?
Life & TPD Insurance
Life Insurance provides a lump-sum benefit upon death (or diagnosis of a terminal illness).
TPD (Total & Permanent Disability) Insurance provides a lump sum benefit in the event of a disability that prevents you from returning to work.
These lump-sum benefits can be used to:
- Repay debts;
- Pay increased medical or care expenses, and funeral expenses;
- Invest to provide ongoing support for your family.
Trauma Insurance provides a lump-sum benefit upon diagnosis of a number of trauma events, including cancer, stroke or heart attack. This lump sum can be used for similar purposes as outlined above.
Income Protection Insurance
Income protection insurance provides a replacement source of income (up to 75% of your normal employment income) while you are unable to work.
Key Person Insurance
Personal Risk Insurances may also be an appropriate risk management strategy for business owners, especially if you are in partnership with other people.
Insurance may be an appropriate solution to:
- Buy out the interests of the partner in the event of disability or the partner’s spouse in the event of death;
- Repay debts in the event of death or disability of a business owner or partner;
- Provide funding to meet ongoing business expenses while you are unable to work;
- Replace the personal income you would have drawn from the business.